Johnson Matthey are long established producers of high quality precious metal tubes for a variety of industrial, jewellery and medical applications. The range of materials and size limits is detailed behind. We make any size within the range specified to your individual requirements using classic deep drawing techniques employing tungsten carbide dies and steel mandrels.
From heavy walled platinum tube for wedding ring manufacture to thin walled palladium/silver hydrogen diffusion tubes we offer consistent quality and dimensional stability.
Other applications include in analytical instruments and as electrodes and contacts in a variety of industries.
Johnson Matthey is also a key supplier to the glass industry worldwide making tube which can be used for:-
• bubbler tubes
• thermocouple sheaths
• supports/stiffeners for bushings
• tips for bushings
• forehearth linings
Johnson Matthey has become the world leader in producing radio-opaque marker bands for the medical industry. We have the industry’s widest stock of cut tubing, electrode rings, and marker bands – 150 different products in an unpredented range of alloys and sizes – for ex-stock shipment.
In addition we offer:-
• Burr free precision cutting of thin walled
tubes including short lengths.
• Eddy current and pressure testing to
ensure tube integrity.
RANGE OF MATERIALS
IN THE PURE FORM:-
Platinum, Palladium and Gold – see purities below.
AS PLATINUM ALLOYS:-
-Platinum Rhodium (5%, 6%, 8%, 10%, 13%, 20%, 25% or 30%)*
-Platinum Iridium (5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% or 30%)*
-Platinum Zirconia (ZGS Platinum)
-Platinum 10% Rhodium/Zirconia (ZGS 10% Rhodium Platinum)
(ZGS = Zirconia Grain Stabilised)
* Purity generally to 1000ppm.
AS PALLADIUM ALLOYS:-
-Palladium Silver (various alloys available)
• All the above materials are available in tube from 0.3 mm-25.0 mm outside diameter.
• The minimum wall thickness is 0.1 mm.
• The maximum length is 2 metres but this may be limited by weight restrictions depending
on the wall thickness.
• Tubes may be round, oval or square as required.
• Iridium and rhodium tubes can be made by seam welding in a limited range of sizes.
A comprehensive range of medical tubes and marker bands is also available from our factory in West Chester near Philadelphia in the USA.
A range of hallmarkable platinum and palladium jewellery alloys are available
PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF PRECIOUS METALS AND PURITY AVAILABLE